So…it’s Christmas!! And Christmas, along with sparkly lights, trees inside, and presents, means lots and lots of foooodddd 😀 In my opinion, one of the most important Christmas-themed food is chocolate. So when deciding what to make as festive treats for me and my family, truffles was a very easy decision.
But these aren’t ordinary truffles, oh no! These are gluten and sugar free, vegan, protein truffles. And as healthy as they are, they still taste naughty, I promise.
So here is my Christmas Truffle recipe:
• Put 180g cooked and shelled Chestnuts (I bought them this way, saves having to cook them yourself) into a blender, and blitz until it turns into a flour-like texture
• Put your blitzed chestnut into a mixing bowl, along with the zest of 1 tangerine, 1 teaspoon stevia, and 2 tablespoons cocoa powder. Mix.
• Then add 2 tablespoons of nut butter of your choice (I used almond butter), and mix.
• Slowly, one tablespoon at a time, add water and mix. I added 4 tablespoons of water, but add as much or little until your mixture just combines into a ball. Top tip: start mixing with your hands here, and don’t manipulate the mixture too much.
• Put the mixture into the freezer for 20 minutes.
• Now break off a small amount of mixture and roll into a ball with your hands – my truffles are about 1.5″ in diameter.
• Refrigerate for an hour, and then they are ready to eat! Store in the fridge.